Help, tips and assistance for students. This blog is part of a range specifically for students and can be found, along with others, under Student GCSE Blogs.
Below are some useful lists to help you when reading/analysing/writing non-fiction texts.
Try to answer these questions to help you understand the text:
- Who do you think is the intended audience?
- What is the purpose of the text?
- What form is the text written in?
- What type of language is used in the text?
- Who is the narrator?
- Have they used any techniques/methods?
- Has the structure of the text contributed to meaning?
- What is the mood/tone of the article?
- What atmosphere is created for the reader?
- Do you think this is a (*enter topic* eg survival) story?
- If so, why (or why not)?
Here’s a downloadable table of Paper 2 expectations (minimum/detailed expectations)
Thank you for reading.