If I gave you diamonds and pearls
Would you be a happy boy or a girl
Prince – Diamonds and Pearls – Diamonds and Pearls
Index to Blogs:
GCSE English Resources
- Resources (GCSE) – Resources for Students (AQA in particular)
- Language Subject Terminology – a list of all that subject terminology you need!
- Evaluation language – list of useful adverbs/verbs to help you evaluate texts.
- Tone Words – a list of words to help you analyse or write about tone.
- Homophones – a list of homophones.
- Synonyms (& Antonyms) – a list of useful synonyms/antonyms.
- Your Emotional Vocabulary List – a list of different emotional words!
GCSE English Language (New) Paper 1 (8700/1) –Explorations in creative reading and writing (fiction)
- AQA – P1 Q2 – Language – How to analyse language in detail (Woman in Black)
- AQA – P1 Q3 – Structure – Help with understanding structural features
- AQA – P1 Q3 – Structure – Help with recognising structural features
- AQA – P1 Q4 – Evaluate – Help with choosing details (evaluating Dickens)
- AQA – P1 Q4 – Evaluation – Help with evaluating (you know the tough one)!
- AQA – P1 Q5 – Word choice A little help with choosing the right words
- AQA – P1 Q5 – Vocabulary – How to work with a dictionary/thesaurus
- AQA – P1 Q5 – Fiction – Help with Paper 1 (creative writing & word choice)
- AQA – P1 Q5 – Practice – A real one! Written by one of my students.
GCSE English Language (New) Paper 2 (8700/2)-Writers’ viewpoints and perspectives (non-fiction)
- AQA – P2 Q2 – Summary – ‘How’ to summarise!
- AQA – P2 Q2 – Summary – Help with NOT analysing language!
- AQA – P2 Q3 – Language – Analysing language in non-fiction
- AQA – P2 Q4 – Viewpoints – Help with Viewpoint(s) & Perspective(s)
- AQA – P2 Q4 – Viewpoint(s) – Help with understanding a writer’s viewpoint
- AQA – P2 Q5 – Tone – Help with Paper 2 (non-fiction writing)
- AQA – P2 Q5 – Practice – A real one! Written by one of my students.
- AQA – P2 Q5 – Vocabulary – How to work with a dictionary/thesaurus
- AQA – P2 Q1-5 Tips – Tips for reading/writing/analysing non-fiction texts
GCSE English Literature (8702) Paper 1
GCSE English Literature (8702) Paper 2