Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Prince – Everyday Is A Winding Road – Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic
Possible Solutions to some issues faced:
- “4 the Tears in Your Eyes” – A little help with a Deep Dive (department review)
- “7” – A little help with some resources, help yourself!
- “1000 X’s & O’s” – A little help for Edexcel Component 1- Fiction
- “1000 X’s & O’s” – A little help for Edexcel Component 2 – Non-Fiction
- “Adore” – A little help teaching poetry.
- “All The Critics Love U In New York” – A little help with group work/activities!
- “Alphabet St” – A little help with Literacy.
- “Around the World in a Day” – A little help with masterclasses, projects, lectures
- “Baby I’m a Star” – A little help with my most requested shares.
- “Betcha by Golly Wow” – A little help with extracts and articles for exam spec.
- “Chaos And Disorder” – A little help ideas for new staff with units/AO
- “Condition Of The Heart” – A little help with books I’ve read and recommend
- “Damned if I Do” – A little help with marking and feedback
- “Deconstruction” – A little help with Examiner Top Tips and Comments
- “Extraordinary” – A little help with some of my favourite twitter steals
- “Feel Good, Feel Better, Feel Wonderful” – A little help with KS3 interventions
- “Get Yo Groove On” – A little help with KS4 interventions and strategies
- “Gold” – A little help with… where I have gone wrong!
- “Let’s Work” – A little help with planning lessons/resources
- “Reflection” (part 1) – A little help with raising the bar/standards at KS3
- “Resolution” – A little help with Cover
- “Revelation” – A little help with why we shouldn’t (& don’t) teach extracts
- “Saviour” – A little help with English teachers to follow
- “Scandalous” – A little help with the importance of reading
- “Slave” – AQA Paper 1 – A little help with AQA Eng language 8700 paper 1
- “Slave” – AQA Paper 2 – A little help with AQA Eng language 8700 paper 2
- “Strange Relationship” – A little help with home/school communication
- “Superhero” – A little help with YA books I’ve read, and recommend
- “The Question of U” – A little help with useful lists I’ve compiled
- “Time” – A little help with the subtlety of English language
- “Willing And Able” – A little help with becoming a middle leader (HOD)
Guest Blogs I’ve written
1. One literacy lead suggests how we can reconcile the differences in approach of KS2 and KS3 literacy five-ways-end-ks2-ks3-literacy-arguments
2. End-of-year ‘fun’ lessons are often a waste of students’ precious time – we need to engage them in a way that means they are still learning, says one English teacher’ Throw fun out of the window
3. When everything is going wrong, middle leaders need to be able to carry on and hold everything together. How to keep the plates spinning as a middle leader
4. How to Get GCSE Students to Plan and Write English Literature Essays that Fully Demonstrate their Understanding Getting Students to write literature essays!
This first link is a MUST, Nick’s collected an amazing bibli-lography of English teaching blogs.
- An English Teachers’ Bibli-blography by @NSMWells a collation of blogs about aspects of English teaching.
- English Subject Knowledge Reading by
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. The key articles of the GDPR, as well as information on its business impact, can be found throughout this site HERE (eugdpr org).